Finding Your HIGHEST CALLING ASP, turbomind-POWERIDEA #12
Your highest calling. What is this?
“Your highest Calling” is something that most of us know we have, but also most of us can’t find a way to truly define or experience it.
Don’t let this higher calling stuff intimidate you.
So what is your highest calling and why is so important to recognize as soon as possible?
Well, first what it is.
Your highest calling is similar to your mission, your purpose, but it goes a little further.
Your highest calling is more like your destiny. The highest expression of yourself. Your most authentic self.
For me, my highest calling is my highest and best use on this planet.
What do I mean?
Is putting myself to the very best use on this planet. Is doing something which has a profound meaning for myself and for humanity.
There is something I am here to do that probably no one can do it as well as I can do it. It’s my life purpose on steroids.
Here are some additional ideas I got from one of my favorite books of all time, the one by Frank McKinney, “Make it BIG”, a book I highly recommend to read.
7 additional possible elements to determine and recognize your highest calling
- It’s something you like to do. You enjoy doing it.
- You like to spend a lot of time doing it, and many years in the process. It’s not something temporary you will do for a couple of years but a lifetime process and dream. You can get lost working many hours doing it and sometimes you lose track of time.
- You have potential to be really good at it. You have some natural talents and abilities that offer great potential to become really good at it. You can say you have a natural inclination in this area. However, you might have several natural inclinations, so pay close attention to what is important. You might be good at buying and selling real estate but also at empowering people.
- You want to improve, not just do. You don’t just go through the movements, but you strive to improve, to get better, you keep improving during your lifetime. You are committed to get better.
- It makes you feel fulfilled when you do it. It’s hard for you to express it, but you “feel good” when you do this, your higher calling, you have a deep sense of fulfillment.
- There is a voice that tells you to do it, is not in your head, is in your heart. That voice never stops. That voice is your higher calling voice. It might make no sense to you conscious mind but it makes all of the sense to your spiritual side. Follow this voice. It will never stop until you pay attention to it.
- You FEEL as if you have to do it, you have to do something special here. You feel as if you have an important task to do on this planet. That feeling comes deep within, it’s you higher calling feeling.
- Makes a Difference in this World. Makes a difference for People.
You feel bad inside when you are not doing what deep inside you know you have to be doing more of it. When you do it, you have a deep sense of relieve.
Questions you can ask:
What do you feel is important for you to do?
What task are you here to do?
What is your internal voice telling you to do?
What especial gift can you give to the world?
If you had six months to live, what would you do?
What do you feel you couldn’t leave this world without doing?
A FINAL WORD
Some people find their highest calling early in time. The majority find their calling as a process, as something you progressively find and develop.
Don’t be afraid to try many things. Sometimes is necessary to experience many things before you find what you truly love and is important for you.
My brother knew with 8 eight years he wanted to be a doctor, and he is an exceptional doctor now.
You might be 40 and still not sure. That’s perfectly fine. Just keep asking and experiencing and you will recognize it.
Also, remember, that your highest calling doesn’t necessarily mean money; although doing your highest calling probably will make you very wealthy. Additionally, your highest calling doesn’t necessarily mean you must be happy, although most likely you will.
You highest calling is something you know you must do, you hear inside your head you must do and you feel deep inside you must do.
Follow that voice, that feeling and you can’t go wrong.
As Frank McKinney says, it will be very difficult to “Make t BIG” in something other than your highest calling.
By Miguel De La Fuente, founder of Turbomind, and Turbomind Coaching Academy. www.turbomind.com. Contact him at 507-62463797 or Skype ; Turbomind1, for an Transformational introductory coaching session