SELL OR BE SOLD, by Grant Cardone, TURBOMIND Book Summary by Miguel De La Fuente
You can visit Grant here: https://grantcardone.com/
This week we have another awesome book, by Grant Cardone, “Sell or Be Sold”.
Grant has become lately like a rock star, created some of my favorite books on success on the market today.
His other books, “The 10X Rule” and “Be Obsessed or Be Average” are absolutely fantastic and a must read books for anyone who wants to achieve something spectacular.
Here is Grant link with to learn more about him, https://grantcardone.com/.
Sold or be sold is not just about selling. It´s about living. It´s about becoming extraordinary successful in your life, regardless your profession or what you are doing.
This book has never been sold on bookstore, yet it reached the top 1% of all self-published books my word of mouth alone. Great job Grant.
The ability to sell others is as critical to your success as food, water and oxygen is to life. No exaggeration. It will affect every area of your life. Selling impacts every person on this planet.
Learning to sell, promote and negotiate are critical skills for everyone.
Work ethic, discipline, and a Positive attitude-WEDPA- is the foundation to be successful in sales. The majority miss one of these key ingredients.
Are you working for your dreams or are you working for others? If you work for yours, you will need to work long hours. You will need to work hard and long. It’s a necessity, there is no other way around. There is no shortcut to success. You have to pay the price.
Grant is a great example of someone who paid the price well in advance.
The most powerful people in the world have 24 hours, the same as you. They have 3600 minutes a day, 168 hours per week and 365 days in a year.
The most important investment you will ever make is not buying properties, or stocks. It´s how you DECIDE TO SPEND YOUR TIME AND LIFE.
Make every minute count. Avoid losing time at all costs, even lunch time. USE EVERY MOMENT TO SELL! Stop wasting time. Organize yourself in advance, one day in advance and make a commitment to use time in the best possible way.
For this, you must know what’s important in your life and what’s not.
Start today. Start now.
TAKE MASSIVE ACTION TOWARDS YOUR BIGGEST GOALS AND DREAMS. Don’t look for balance, look to becoming your best. Be obsessed about what its truly important in your life. Be positively obsessed. Massive action can overcome any skill deficiency.
A human being is THE HAPPIEST WHEN HE IS SPENDING HIS TIME DOING SOMETHING IMPORTANT. The more work you accomplish the better you will feel. The less you do, or the more you lose time in things you know that are not important the more tired you will feel.
Be out of balance in your passion in what you are obsessed about. In order to achieve extraordinary success in your life, most likely you will need to be out of balance. Balance on the side of a deep passion, commitment and the desire to make a huge difference in this awesome world. Here is ok to be imbalance.
Balance will give you average or mediocre results which will create the biggest imbalances.
Here are some things I learnt from this book……..
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING:
A GREAT ATTITUDE IS WORTH MORE THAN A GREAT PRODUCT.
People will pay more for a `positive and enjoyable experience than they will pay for a great product. People want to feel good. Who doesn’t? People want to be smiled and agreed with.
A positive attitude is 1000x more important than the product itself. Watch how people spend their money. They may spend little on food and lots on entertainment.
It’s easy to say no to a product but hard to a positive experience. As the salesman said when Grant was buying an expensive jacket and he claim it was too expensive and he actually didn’t need it, “No one buys a jacket like this because they need it. They buy it because it’s beautiful and it makes them feel good”.
Be an upbeat, “can-do”, get it done with a smile on your face kind of person.
Become that person and you will increase your sales.
A positive attitude with a smile sells more.
Treat people like millionaires.
Don’t let people try to convince you they won’t pay more for a great attitude and a great service.
THE ABILITY TO BE POSITIVE AT ALL TIMES, WEATHER YOU ARE WINING OR LOSING, MAKES YOU A WINNER. Positive people are irresistible.
“POSITIVE ATTITUDE IS SENIOR TO EVERYTHING ELSE”.
It’s the Attitude that makes the difference. People with good attitude are luckier than people with bad attitude.
People always act accordingly to your attitude. If it´s negative, you will get a negative response. Positive attitude doesn’t guarantee sales, but makes them more likely. How you act towards others is how they will act towards you.
YOU ARE THE PRODUCT OF ALL YOU SURROUND YOURSELF WITH. This includes the TV you watch, or you don’t, the news you read, the people you spend your time with, your hobbies, your interests…everything…..
When the media CONSTANTLY promotes Negativity, recessions, problems in the economy and they grill over and over the same issues, the same problems, focusing on the problems constantly, this MAKES PEOPLE CREATE UNNECESARRY FEAR AND NEGATIVITY in themselves.
Entire economies and countries can be paralyzed because of people’s attitudes toward the present and future. Their attitudes can be shifted from positive to negative through watching something negative (or Positive) constantly.
Most Physical diseases are psychosomatic, that is of the mind.
The MOST Important skill or ability you can develop is the ability to STAY POSITIVE when everyone else is losing their minds or they are freaking out. By staying positive you become the leader.
And this happens in great recessions. In a big recession, or even depression, most businesses will go bankrupt while a few will expand, become more powerful, better, and end up dominating their markets. This is why preparation is so IMPORTANT. Prepare, prepare, prepare.
And, it’s not enough to be positive, you NEED TO PROTECT yourself against those who are negative, even people close to you.
Attitudes like diseases are CONTAGIOUS. They spread like viruses. Emotions are contagious.
Would you let your friend leave his trash in your home?
Absolutely not, but this is exactly what happens when he is coming and giving all the bad news about the world, your city, your country, about the economy. He is LEAVING YOU HIS TRASH, HIS GARBAGE.
Don’t allow it. Don’t participate in it.
People don’t realize how negative they have become; they are like the frogs in boiling water. And they WONDER WHY they are getting negative results in life. Watch your thoughts. Create awareness.
Download my TotalSuccess app and write what’s going on in your life, write your ultimate vision, your goals and dreams.
NOTHING WILL PAY MORE REWARDS THAT YOUR ABILITY TO HAVE AND MAINTAIN A GREAT ATTITUDE, a positive, “I can do” attitude.
Nothing is MORE VALUABLE than a Positive outlook in life. People will remember you by how you handle obstacles and how you made them feel.
Here are some great tips:
- AVOID NEGATIVITY through media and newspapers.
- Stay away from the “can´t do” people. They will make you tired, bored you and try to steal your dreams and turn off your enthusiasm.
- Get everyone in your life in the same page
- Avoid drugs, alcohol because they poison your mind.
- TREAT NEGATIVE TALK LIKE GARBAGE, because it is. Be open to solutions, focus on solutions. If you are going to talk about a problem, talk from a solution point of view, working on solving that problem. Create a NO NEGATIVE TALK ZONE. In that area no one talks bad about anything or anyone.
- Start the Negative Diet today. Do it for 24 hours with no negative thought allow, neutralize the negative thoughts with an affirmation, a empowering belief and a positive mental image.
SUCCESS IN SELLING:
“Treat success as your duty, obligation and responsibility, not as a choice or as a job!”
Make success an ethical issue, not a financial one. Eliminate possibilities and make it a MUST. One of the reasons people don’t create success for themselves is because they don’t commit to it.
Approach success as an option or possibility and it will never be yours. It must become a positive obsession.
LUCK IS JUST ONE OF THE BY-PRODUCTS OF THOSE WHO TAKE THE MOST ACTION AND ARE THE MOST PREPARED.
LUCK WILL NOT MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL; COMMITTING YOURSELF COMPLETELY TO SUCCESS IS THE WAY TO BE LUCKY.
BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF. NEVER JUSTIFY FAILURE:
Never justify failure on any external cause but your own lack of commitment and massive action.
BE HONEST, BRUTALLY HONEST WITH YOURSELF, AND TAKE COMPLETE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE OUTCOME.
Don’t let people console you on your failure.
Your sales success will come about as the results of your preparation, your dedication, your hard work, your preparation to claim what you want to create. And it follows by taking necessary actions that persist over time until you succeed.
TO CREATE CONSISTENT SALES SUCCESS:
I love 5 things by Grant,
- Decide you are ultimately responsible for the sale. No one is responsible but you. Not even the buyer. You are responsible to make this sale, and you will do whatever it takes to make it happen. No matter what, or how uncomfortable it becomes.
- Make your duty, obligation to make the sale. This is not an option or alternative. This is not a possibility. his is a MUST. You MUST make this sale. This sale will be made.
- Take massive amount of action, followed by more action until the sale is made. Take insane action. Action and more action is what creates sales. Not thinking about it. You don’t control the outcome but you have full control over your effort and dedication.
- Accept NO excuses, reason or logic. Figure out how to make it work. Make a commitment you will not accept any excuses, explanations or justifications about why they will not buy from you.
- PREPARE yourself DAILY to handle all the obstacles, and barriers that you will encounter along the way to your greatest sales. The name of the game is preparation. The more you prepare, the better your chances. Imagine you are on a military mission. There is no room for maybes…..
CONQUERING SOME OF THE BIGGEST CHALLENGES IN SELLING:
Rejection is part of human condition and part of life. It´s normal not to like rejection unless you are trained in sales. Do not avoid rejection, prepare yourself for it, even embrace it. Think about what you can do differently next time.
- NEGATIVE SURROUNDINGS:
This is a major complain from salespeople. Negativity is everywhere, you only need to sit in front of the TV and most of it is either negative or nonsense.Make people know that you will not allow negative attitude, negative talking. It will destroy your company. Create the NO NEGATIVITY ZONE. If you don´t have anything POSITIVE to say, then go away until you do!Negative references about clients should be prohibited, against the rules.
The single most important factor about success is your ability to discipline yourself, to do what you know you have to do when you have to do it, regardless you like it or not.Is the discipline to be consistent, to be organized, to be prepare, to do whatever it takes to make it happen, regardless you are tired, or exhausted or whatever.Empty space in your calendar destroys your career. Keep your schedule full.
You don’t want to compete. If you are competing, you are one more. You want to dominate your market. For this you will have to constantly improve your product and yourself or you will become obsolete fast. In this modern era, if you are not constantly reinventing yourself, you become a dinosaur fast.
- FOLLOW UP:
This is one of the biggest weakness of salespeople and companies. Most companies don’t follow up. Make sure you follow up on your customers or prospects. This aspect is critical of the sale.
People tend to underestimate the amount of effort it will take to make something successful. Multiply whatever you thing is going to take by 10. This is the 10X rule. If you think it will take 10 showings to sell a house, think and commit about 100 showings.
- CLOSING THE DEAL:
Selling is about identifying needs, selecting the right solution and then demonstrate how your product or service solves problems. Closing is the art of getting the buyer to take action and agree to exchange something of value.
You need to master the closing.
- CUSTOMER OBJECTIONS:
Objections will happen along the sales process from the time you’re trying to contact a prospect all the way to closing.
Keep a diary of every objection you hear and train yourself on how to handle it. Drill the response until you know it.One of them is that the prospect is going to talk to his wife, this is what Gary recommends, “I understand, but if your marriage is anything my marriage, she knows you are here and you guys already discussed this. Let´s get this done. Sign here please”
- STAYING MOTIVATED:
How do you stay motivated especially when you feel like you are not getting anywhere? This is a great question. You work on yourself and your environment. This is a challenge for everyone, not just sales people.
Extraordinary results take time and in the meantime, when you don´t see clear advances, you feel like it’s not worth the effort, you are not advancing and you quit.This is a key success factor, to stay motivated and inspire in your most challenging moments, when nothing seems to work, or you are getting a bunch of NO´s.The number way to stay motivated is to HAVE A FULL SCHEDULE. When you are moving from one place to the other, you don’t have time for sadness, depression, or feeling self-pity. You move, you act. Organize your day the night before with the commitment to use it in the best and most efficient way possible.The second is by feeding your mind constantly, with audios, videos, training, books, posters, images. The more the better. In inspire mind doesn’t have room for negativity.
- LACK OF CONSISTENCY
This is usually the result of lack of discipline. Discipline must be part of your everyday life.
TRAITS OF A GREAT SALESPERSON:
- WILLING TO BE TOLD “NO” REPEATEDLY:
Can’t make the shot you never make. To be a great salesperson you have to be willing to be told NO, and allow people to tell you NO more than once. MOST SALESPEOPLE NEVER ASK FOR THE ORDER REPEATEDLY, failing to even ask for the NO, all the get are nothing which is worse than NO.
- ASK FOR THE ORDER REGARDLESS:
Ask for the order regardless. The number mistake is not asking for the order. “Can I get your signature here please?” Most people don’t even realize they haven’t asked for the order, or they think they did when in reality, they didn’t.
- LISTEN S SELECTIVELY:
Don’t believe everything people say Be selective. People will say things to you that are not accurate or meaningless, like, “I can´t afford it”
- STAYS SOLD ON HIS STORY:
Don’t be sold on other people´s stories easily. Most stories are made in their minds, they are justifications, or weak explanations on why they can´t buy from you. Don’t buy their Nos. Hold your conviction and belief about those things you believe in.
- ASKS QUESTIONS:
if you don’t ask relevant questions you will not make it far in selling or negotiating.
What is your income? how long you worked here? who is the decision maker?
- GET ANSWERS:
Many people ask the questions but they never make the commitment of effort to get an answer for them. Get them. Let them talk. Insist on the answers.
- KNOWS PRICE IS NOT AN ISSUE:
The lowest price is not the reason they are buying something. Cheaper alternatives can replace 99% of product son this planet. Price is not the issue. People think it is but it’s not.
- WILLING TO PRESSURE AND PERSIST:
A diamond becomes a diamond after the right amount of pressure is applied for the right amount of time. People will not let the money go until someone shows value for that money. You need to put pressure to create sales. It’s part of the process.
- BELIEVE SELLING IS A GREAT THING:
Great salespeople are proud of their title and profession, they are proud and convinced on what they are selling improves and changes lives.
- TRAINS AND PREPARES CONSTANTLY:
To be great at selling you will to make a commitment to constant and regularly sales training and improvement. Go to sales seminars, sales training. Be constantly learning and filling up your mind.
1. Are you working for your dreams or are you working for others?
My TOP 5-IDEAS FROM THE BOOK:
- A great attitude is more valuable than a product. Negativity is more pervasive for sales than any other thing. Negativity is everywhere. TV, newspapers, online news, social media is full of negativity and hate. Avoid this all costs. Give. Give. Give.
- ALWAYS AGREE WITH YOUR CLIENT. This also works great in other relationships. Avoid arguments. AGREE. Always agree with your client. When they say, “I can’t afford it”, yes I agree you cannot afford it, it’s a considerable investment and this is why you need to get it, because it will start producing results right away. Prepare yourself for objections, you will always have them. AGREE and then give the reasons is a must for them to buy.
- BELIEVE IN WHAT YOU ARE SELLING. Believe that what you are offering is the right thing for the prospect.
- Train yourself to STAY IN THE CLOSE no matter what happens. Be prepared to handle rejection, challenges, objections, negatives, whatever come your way but STAY IN THE CLOSE.
- Make a commitment to become and exceptional salesperson and an exceptional closer.
MY FAVORITE BOOKS ON MENTAL TRAINING AND MENTAL TOUGHNESS:
If you are looking for other exceptional books on mental training as well as mental toughness here are my favorites, the ones I have personally read:
Download Now my TotalSuccess App, Your Daily Medicine against being “average”, for my most important ideas about these exceptional books. This app will help you develop the ultimate vision for your life and steps to get there.
- How Champions think by Dr Bob Rotella, https://www.turbomind.com/how-champions-think-by-dr-bob-rotella/
- An IRON WILL, by Orison Swet Mardin, https://www.turbomind.com/an-iron-will-what-all-great-men-have-in-comon/
- The Champion´s Mind, by Jim Afremov.
- With winning in Mind, by Lanny Bassham, https://www.turbomind.com/with-winning-in-mind-by-lanny-bassham/
- Chasing Excellence, by Ben Bergeron, https://www.turbomind.com/chasing-excellence-by-ben-bergeron/
- Mind Gym, by Gary Mack, https://www.turbomind.com/mind-gym-gary-mack-turbomind-book-club/
- Tom Coughlin, by him, https://www.turbomind.com/tom-coughlin-earn-the-right-to-win-best-ideas/
- No Limits, by Michael Phelps, https://www.turbomind.com/no-limits-by-michael-phelps-the-will-to-succeed-turbomind-com-book-club/
- Relentless by Tim Grover, https://www.turbomind.com/relentless-from-good-to-great-to-unstoppable-by-tim-s-grover-summary-by-miguel-de-la-fuente/
- Unbeatable Mind, by Mark Divine, https://www.turbomind.com/unbeatable-mind-mark-divine-turbomind-com-bookclub/
- Get the Life You Want, by Richard Bandler.
- Can´t Hurt Me, by David Goggins, https://www.turbomind.com/cant-hurt-me-by-david-goggins-turbomind-book-club/
- Make Your Bed, by Admiral William H- McRaven, https://www.turbomind.com/make-your-bed-by-admiral-william-h-mcraven-turbomind-bookclub/
- The 10X Rule by Grant Cardone, https://www.turbomind.com/the-10x-rule-the-difference-between-success-and-failure-book-summary/
- Discipline Equals Freedom. Jocko Willink, https://www.turbomind.com/discipline-equals-freedom-by-jocko-willink/
- RAFA, by Rafael Nadal, https://www.turbomind.com/rafa-by-rafael-nadalbook-summary/
I keep updating this list regularly….
Download Now my TotalSuccess App, Your Daily Medicine against being “average”… to help you stay away from an average life, with average habits, average results and an average experience. 15-Minutes per day will help you become the absolutely best you can become. You have a responsibility to honor pour potential. The biggest pain in life comes from not maximizing your Potential and doing what you know you were capable of doing, for you and others. You have been given the Most Extraordinary Gift; Your Life. Use it.
Any Goal or Dream You Really Want to Achieve but Haven’t been able to do it?
Call Me, I love helping people become Exceptional and Achieve the impossible. Miguel De La Fuente, Life and Business Coach Exceptional. +507-62463797.