“An IRON WILL, by Orison Swet Mardin, TURBOMIND Book Summary by Miguel De La Fuente.
You can get the book here: https://www.amazon.com/Iron-Will-Orison-Swett-Marden/dp/1604590068
Or Listen to Audiobook here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=put0hzeiQl4
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00849X6FU/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1 its a litle book you can read in a couple of hours but one you will want to keeep reading over and over again. It was written 125 years ago and the message is more important than ever. RON WILL, best book by Orison Swett Marden, The common denominator if all great men is talent, is advantage? an IRON WILL, what is an iron will? The greatest achievements of humanity have been by human will. By refusing to quit. WHAT IS AN IRON WILL?
- Make yourself do what you say you are going to do when you are going to do it regardless you feel like it or not.
- Is make yourself do what you know you must do.
- To finish completely what you start
- To do it in an excellent fashion, the best possible way
- To hold all your energies towards one point, to focus massively. To have concentration of effort in one item.
- The will to Concentrated Continuous Effort to produce results: The problem with most people is they produce fragmented efforts, a little here a little there, disconnected attempts without concentration or continuation don’t produce success.
- The will to stick with it long enough to overcome all the obstacles and circumstances.
- The will to stick to a thing until you are a MASTER at it.
- The will to keep improving, progressing and becoming better no matter how good or not you are.
- The will to never admit defeat or poverty. Its your divine right to be all you can be and you want to be.
- The will to reach your greatest personal heights in your most challenging situations, when other men would despair
The truest help you can render someone who is afflicted is not to take away his burden from him but to call out his best energy,his true power that he can manage. Courageous people with indomitable will are half likely to contract contagious disease. Success is the child of perseverance. It cannot be coaxed or bribed. You pay the price and its yours. A constant struggle, a ceaseless battle to bring success from inhospitable surroundings, that is the price if all great achievements. The story of humanity is the story of overcoming all odds, overcoming all obstacles. Wendell Phillips Dictum: What is Defeat? Nothing but education, nothing but the first step to something better. Muy diferente un fracaso a una derrota. Uno es definitivo el otro es de caracter temporal. BEAUTIFUL TO REMEMBER: The power to hold on is a characteristic of all men who have accomplished anything great. They may lack in some other particular, have many weaknesses or eccentricities, but the quality of persistence is NEVER ABSENT from a successful man. No matter what opposition he meets or what discouragement overtakes him, drudgery cannot disgust him, obstacles cannot discourage him, labor cannot weary him; misfortune, sorrow and reverses cannot harm him. It is not so much brilliance of intellect, or fertility of resources as persistence of effort, constancy of purpose, that makes a great man. Those who succeed in life are those who keep everlastingly at it, who do not believe themselves geniuses but who know that if they ever accomplish anything they must do it by determined and persistent industry.
A man will never succeed if he lacks this essential quality of determined persistence. PERSISTENCE OF PURPOSE IS A POWER. IT CREATES CONFIDENCE IN OTHERS. Opposing circumstances create strength. Opposition gives us greater power of resistance. IS WHAT you do when adverse circumstances appear. Henry Ward Beecher, Do NOT BE AFRAID OF DEFEAT. YOU NEVER ARE SP NEAR TO VICTORY AD WHEN DEFEATED IN A GOOD CAUSE. IT IS DEFEAT THAT MAKES MAN INVINCIBLE. NO TENGAS MIEDO A LA DERROTA. TU NUNCA ESTAS TAN CERCA DE LA VICTORIA COMO CUANDO HAS SIDO DERROTADO EN UNA BUENA CAUSA. ES LA DERROTA LA QUE HACE A LOS HOMBRES INVENCIBLES.
MY FAVORITE BOOKS ON MENTAL TRAINING AND MENTAL TOUGHNESS:
If you are looking for other exceptional books on mental training as well as mental toughness here are my favorites, the ones I have personally read:
Download Now my TotalSuccess App, Your Daily Medicine against being “average”, for my most important ideas about these exceptional books. This app will help you develop the ultimate vision for your life and steps to get there.
- How Champions think by Dr Bob Rotella, https://www.turbomind.com/how-champions-think-by-dr-bob-rotella/
- An IRON WILL, by Orison Swet Mardin, https://www.turbomind.com/an-iron-will-what-all-great-men-have-in-comon/
- The Champion´s Mind, by Jim Afremov.
- With winning in Mind, by Lanny Bassham, https://www.turbomind.com/with-winning-in-mind-by-lanny-bassham/
- Chasing Excellence, by Ben Bergeron, https://www.turbomind.com/chasing-excellence-by-ben-bergeron/
- Mind Gym, by Gary Mack, https://www.turbomind.com/mind-gym-gary-mack-turbomind-book-club/
- Tom Coughlin, by him, https://www.turbomind.com/tom-coughlin-earn-the-right-to-win-best-ideas/
- No Limits, by Michael Phelps, https://www.turbomind.com/no-limits-by-michael-phelps-the-will-to-succeed-turbomind-com-book-club/
- Relentless by Tim Grover, https://www.turbomind.com/relentless-from-good-to-great-to-unstoppable-by-tim-s-grover-summary-by-miguel-de-la-fuente/
- Unbeatable Mind, by Mark Divine, https://www.turbomind.com/unbeatable-mind-mark-divine-turbomind-com-bookclub/
- Get the Life You Want, by Richard Bandler.
- Can´t Hurt Me, by David Goggins, https://www.turbomind.com/cant-hurt-me-by-david-goggins-turbomind-book-club/
- Make Your Bed, by Admiral William H- McRaven, https://www.turbomind.com/make-your-bed-by-admiral-william-h-mcraven-turbomind-bookclub/
- The 10X Rule by Grant Cardone, https://www.turbomind.com/the-10x-rule-the-difference-between-success-and-failure-book-summary/
- Discipline Equals Freedom. Jocko Willink, https://www.turbomind.com/discipline-equals-freedom-by-jocko-willink/
- RAFA, by Rafael Nadal, https://www.turbomind.com/rafa-by-rafael-nadalbook-summary/
I keep updating this list regularly….
By Miguel De La Fuente, High Performance and Business Coach
Do you have Any Dream, Goal or Desire you Want to Achieve? I can Help you. I Help People Improve their Lives and Mindsets so they can Give their Greatest Work into the World.
Coaching with Miguel, (WhatsApp)507-62463797
Download my free Extraordinary coaching app, “TotalSuccess Diary” at https://www.turboday.com or any of the app stores.