“Write it down, Make it Happen!” by Henriete Anne Klauser turbomind Book Summary, by Miguel de La Fuente
You can visit her here, http://henrietteklauser.com/
and here: http://henrietteklauser.com/books/write-it-down-make-it-happen/
I love this book. Its easy to read and fun. Basically tells us that If you know what you want, you can have it. As she says, most of the book was written in coffee shop.
This is a great book with many examples and stories or people writing down their goals and making them happen.
You can reach her here, http://henrietteklauser.com/
Here are some ideas from the book as well as my own opinion and suggestions.
The first step to achieve what you want is to write it down. This doesn’t mean this is the only action you take, although you could. What this means is when you know exactly what you want and you write it down, you increase the probabilities of this event happening in your life.
The creator of Dilbert, Scott Adams developed the habit of writing down dreams and goals, and achieving them one at a time. He used to write, “I will be the best cartoonist on the planet”
It’s hard to judge if he is the #1 but Dilbert is syndicated in almost 2000 newspapers worldwide. The Dilbert zone website, https://dilbert.com/, get over 100.000 visitors a day.
His book, The Dilbert Principle sold over 1.3 million copies, including all types of accessories with Dilbert characters.
Now, Scott Adams writes 15 times a day, “I will win a Pulitzer Prize”. Ptretty impressive.
As Adams says, “you will observe things happening that will make that objective more likely to materialize”.
It’s like opening the door for a synchronicity to happen, like a coincidence.
Once you write down a goal, your brain will be working towards making that goal a reality and it will alert you to the signs, signals or circumstances that can help you manifest it. Writing something down is powerful.
And, as Henriete says, the more playful and fun you have with this process, the more probabilities to make your goal, or desire a reality.
Additionally, by Writing it down you get clear in your commitment.
Use any type of paper to write down your dreams, goals, power affirmations. You can write them in notepads, journals, napkins, anything that works for you, but write them down.
Jim Carry write it once and kept it in his pocket. Scott Adams writes them every day. Whatever works for you. Let our intuition guide you. There is no right or wrong way to do it. Whatever works for you.
bumper sticker that says “Good Happens”, let the good happen.
One of the saddest lines you can hear, is, “Come on, be realistic”.
But I wonder, what is realistic anyway? The progress of this world has been done by people who were unrealistic and unreasonable.
It’s sad to see so many people don’t do anything special with their lives, giving up, quitting on their dreams. There is so much potential wasted in this world. People tend to minimize their dreams.
“Your playing small does not serve the world” said Nelson Mandela, “Who are you not to be great”
Compose your list of goals, things you want to see happen. Write fast, let your subconscious do the talking. Make the list as long as you want.
Lou Holtz, the super football coach, in 1966 wrote down his 107 impossible goals for his life. This was a time when no one knew him, had no money and his wife was 8 months pregnant.
That’s when his wife Beth gave him a copy of The Magic of Thinking Big, he got inspire and start writing them. He wrote all his foals he wanted to achieve before he died.
GIVE YOURSELF PERMISSION TO DREAM, TO BE A LITTLE UNREALISTIC.
When you live your life in constant expectation of good things happening, they tend to happen.
Instead of coincidences, Henriette calls them “go incidence”.
Carl Jung used to call this events “synchronicity”, some call them “messages from the universe”, others “cosmic connections”. It is a sense that someone or something is helping you, that you are not alone, and that your life, regardless of present challenging conditions, is part of a larger plan.
The reality is you are always sending out energy waves, vibrations starting with your own thinking, feelings, what you say, etc.
When you write something you are activating what is called as the reticular activating system (RAS), that is responsible for eliminating 99% of what is going on around you and focusing on the small part that is important to you. The RAS keeps you alert on what’s important to you. It works like an internal alarm.
It is a great exercise to write your goals for the week, for the month, and for the year and at the end of these periods to evaluate what happened, what you did, what you missed, what you could have done better, etc.
Napoleon Hill said “there is a difference between wishing for something and being able to receive it”.
Sometimes people are wishing things that are not fully ready to receive them.
Need to get ready to receive whatever you are wishing. Not partially but fully.
“No one is ready for a thing until he believes he can acquire it. The state of mind must be belief, not mere hope or wish”, Napoleon Hill
START A GROUP
A group is an excellent way for you to get the support you need on the road to your biggest achievements and most extraordinary life.
We live in a society in which loneliness is one of the most serious problems for emotional well-being.
Henriete created the Seymour group with a friend. They meet every week usually at the same time and in the same place.
They meet every week on Friday at 8.00 A.M. at Vivace´s.
A group can be whatever you want it to be, whatever helps you and brings the best of you and of the other member’s. In her group each member has 15-minutes to report on his or her goals. During this time, no one interrupts.
Make sure that no one spends more time than another.
After those 15 minutes you might consider adding another 10 minutes per person for next week goals.
You create the rules and make sure everyone is committed to those general rules for the group.
Show enormous patience with each other.
This is one of my favorite strategies but one of the hardest to maintain regularly, especially when there are more than 4 members in the group. The ideal, in my opinion, is to start with two members. It’s easier to maintain.
If you have a
dream, follow it.
if you catch a dream, nurture it.
if your dream come true, celebrate!
I love this idea from Henriete,
THERE ARE NO FAILURE; ONLY A DELAY IN RESULTS
SOME IMPORTANT ACTIONS YOU CAN TAKE:
The first is to get a place to write them down, can be a physical journal, a notepad, or a digital version.
You can download my TotalSuccess App to write them there. In my opinion is the best place to write them down.
1. Write your goals down. Be bold and precise. What do you really want to create, achieve or manifest?
1.1. Write a full-fledged description of what you want. The more precise you are, the readier you are to receive it.
a visualization in detail of your ideal day, from the time you wake
up to the time you go to bed.
2. Review, or rewrite them daily, ideally every morning and evening.
3. Carry a notebook exclusively devoted to that particular goal or dream. Use it like a small journal to write anything, create images and add noted. Then at the end of the day, transfer these ideas and notes to a bigger notebook or journal.
Create a “suggestion box” for new ideas.
4. Articulate the goal. When you make something concrete it activates it. Many times the problem is not being specific enough.
5. Write every accomplishment related to that particular goal. Any and everything helps you gain confidence and create momentum. Small victories eventually create a tipping point that bring you BIG Victories.
6. Get ready to receive whatever you are wishing. Not partially but fully. Imagine its already in your life. Allow yourself to receive it. Believe you will have it, or better yet, feel as if you already have it in your life in the present moment.
a daily journal daily. This is one of the most positive and
powerful habits you can develop not only for improving but for transforming
your current situation. In this journal you write everything from your fears to
your dreams. Choose a time during the day you will devote it to writing, or
audio recording your journal. In my app TotalSuccess we have both.
We have tried and tested deeply and they both work. The best is to use both methods.
For most people, nature is the best place to write and get connected to oneself. There are several studies that when people see green, as in nature, they tend to relax and reduce tension.
8. START A GROUP. This is an excellent way to find the support you need on the road to your biggest manifestations. Make a commitment to meet at a specific day, time and place. Make it a ritual.
9. Gratitude: Fill out a page with all the blessing you havein your life. Do this once a week.
Some powerful affirmations:
I am the
I am successful
I am fearless. I am focused.
I am unstoppable
I use my time wisely and well.
what I offer is special. I am rich and famous.
every person as the most important person in the world.
I feel the power of the universe flowing through me now.
People love to give me love and money.
Every dollar I spend enriches the universe and returns me multiplied.
Reticular activating system
Messages from the universe
- GIVE YOURSELF PERMISSION TO DREAM, TO BE A LITTLE UNREALISTIC
- “Your playing small does not serve the world” said Nelson Mandela, “Who are you not to be great”
- Napoleon Hill said “there is a difference between wishing for something and being able to receive it”.
- “No one is ready for a thing until he believes he can acquire it. The state of mind must be belief, not mere hope or wish”, Napoleon Hill.
- When you believe in a dream you need to risk.
- THERE ARE NO FAILURE; ONLY A DELAY IN RESULTS
- When everything is falling apart is a good sign that everything is about to come together.
MY FAVORITE BOOKS ON MENTAL TRAINING AND MENTAL TOUGHNESS:
If you are looking for other exceptional books on mental training as well as mental toughness here are my favorites, the ones I have personally read:
Download Now my TotalSuccess App, Your Daily Medicine against being “average”, for my most important ideas about these exceptional books. This app will help you develop the ultimate vision for your life and steps to get there.
- How Champions think by Dr Bob Rotella, https://www.turbomind.com/how-champions-think-by-dr-bob-rotella/
- An IRON WILL, by Orison Swet Mardin, https://www.turbomind.com/an-iron-will-what-all-great-men-have-in-comon/
- The Champion´s Mind, by Jim Afremov.
- With winning in Mind, by Lanny Bassham, https://www.turbomind.com/with-winning-in-mind-by-lanny-bassham/
- Chasing Excellence, by Ben Bergeron, https://www.turbomind.com/chasing-excellence-by-ben-bergeron/
- Mind Gym, by Gary Mack, https://www.turbomind.com/mind-gym-gary-mack-turbomind-book-club/
- Tom Coughlin, by him, https://www.turbomind.com/tom-coughlin-earn-the-right-to-win-best-ideas/
- No Limits, by Michael Phelps, https://www.turbomind.com/no-limits-by-michael-phelps-the-will-to-succeed-turbomind-com-book-club/
- Relentless by Tim Grover, https://www.turbomind.com/relentless-from-good-to-great-to-unstoppable-by-tim-s-grover-summary-by-miguel-de-la-fuente/
- Unbeatable Mind, by Mark Divine, https://www.turbomind.com/unbeatable-mind-mark-divine-turbomind-com-bookclub/
- Get the Life You Want, by Richard Bandler.
- Can´t Hurt Me, by David Goggins, https://www.turbomind.com/cant-hurt-me-by-david-goggins-turbomind-book-club/
- Make Your Bed, by Admiral William H- McRaven, https://www.turbomind.com/make-your-bed-by-admiral-william-h-mcraven-turbomind-bookclub/
- The 10X Rule by Grant Cardone, https://www.turbomind.com/the-10x-rule-the-difference-between-success-and-failure-book-summary/
- Discipline Equals Freedom. Jocko Willink, https://www.turbomind.com/discipline-equals-freedom-by-jocko-willink/
- RAFA, by Rafael Nadal, https://www.turbomind.com/rafa-by-rafael-nadalbook-summary/
I keep updating this list regularly….
TOTALSUCCESS Coaching Club,
by Miguel De La Fuente,
Life and Business Coach.
I love helping people become Exceptional.