Creating the Impossible, by Michael Neill, turbomind book summary by Miguel De la Fuente
You can visit Michael here: https://www.michaelneill.org/
his radio show here: https://www.michaelneill.org/radio/
Hi, this week we have another awesome book by coach Michael Neil.
What would like to do in the next year? What project, goal, dream would you like to achieve or create in the next 12 months? What about if you had no limitations, what would you do?
What about in the next 90-Day?
Michael has a great book just about that, about creating your “impossible” dream.
So, the whole book is basically a challenge to get out of your comfort zone and challenge yourself to set up to do something that is way beyond what you think it’s possible in your life now.
This is the challenge. Many times we place goals or things we want to create based on out beliefs of what we think it’s possible.
What about going way beyond that your own mental paradigm of what’s possible?
What about not just getting out of your comfort zone, but dreaming out of your comfort zone?
So, take the 90-Day Challenge. Make a commitment letter to yourself about the impossible dream you are going to create in the next 90-Days. Go ahead do it NOW!!
Here are some ideas I learnt from this great book.
Its easier to create what you really want than what you believe you can get….
General Rules for creating the 90-Day Challenge
1. Choose something you don’t really believe you can achieve, in the 70 to 90 percent range you cannot achieve, I order to challenge your mental paradigm, your thinking, your beliefs, your mental images, but choose something you really would like to achieve…
2. Know that you probably will lose and play anyway, You are playing a game, and like I any game you can lose but if you lose is fine, you didn’t have it in the first place, take goals like if you didn’t achieve them well, you learn improve. If you couldn’t lose it wouldn’t be much of game.
3. Create a 90-day game plan. Write it down, say it aloud, share it with someone…I will be difficult to write your impossible goal, even more say it aloud…
4. The more you help someone with their impossible dreams the more impossible dreams you will achieve.
5. We all have something that we really want but we haven’t been able to achieve it, we don’t believe but on a deeper level YOU KNOW ITS POSSIBLE, out head says no way, our deeper souls says there is a way…. HAVE YOU EVER HEARD THAT VOICE?
6. Sit down for 5 minutes, do nothing do not move, let your mind wander for 5 minutes
7. What would you love to create even if you knew you probably will fail? Would be cool if….
8. Enough focus intention over a long enough period of time will accomplish most goals with or without any extra help from the universal mind.
One of the reasons he encourage people to take on their “impossible” project is because so much more is possible in life than we can imagine with our limited perception.
As Grand Cardone says in his wonderful book 10X, “most of us have been rise with restrictions”.
People are obsessed about being realistic, but what realistic?
Some of his students said in order to achieve his dream would be a miracle. But miracles are more common than what we think. Life is a miracle; you are a miracle. You are one of the most improbable miracles of creation.
And I am not taking about religious miracles but incredible coincidences, synchronicities, and happy accidents that most of the time seems to be part of any extraordinary achievement.
Let a miracle be able to express itself by you having a impossible dream or project.
We think when it’s up to me; I put it as a goal when it’s up to the universe we pray for a miracle why not having I as a goal and praying for one at the same time?
Make a list of Your Top three goals for your life, your business and the world.
Make a list of Your TOP THREE MIRACLES, the three things you most like to have happen even though you have no idea how or even if they might come to creation. And chose one for the 90-day challenge.
Spend time flirting with your impossible dream possibilities.
Is this project a mean to an end or at end itself?
The challenge with mean to an end is you need to keep the motivation. But not really because you can use the SO…technique. ….
GUIDELINES FOR THE PROJECT, the possibility game
1. You must believe you have a less than 25% of making happen, so hard work alone won’t be sufficient, you must reinvent your thinking or have the invisible giant help you to make it happen.
2. You must be inspired about what you want to create and be happy to invest time in creating it, regardless of how things turn out.
3. The project is about creating an extraordinary result, not a quality, or feeling. Something can be measure.
4. It’s not necessarily about you. Not a self-improvement project is more something you are to do in the world, help humanity.
5. Chose one thing, not 37. One to focus.
6. Write the impossible project or dream, repeat it aloud every single day, say it with someone. It can be someone you know or a complete stranger. Get your impossible dream out of your head. Create an image in your head. Write. Speak it. Draw it.
7. Get yourself out of the way.
8. DO THE THING AND YOU WILL HAVE THE POWER. We wait for the perfect situation, no, take the action and you will create the perfect situation.
9. Take and track 100 actions per week towards the realization of your dream.
10. KEEP A DONE LIST, OR SUCCESS LIST of everything you have done towards your impossible dream, creation or project.
11. Keep observing yourself, measuring what you do, keeping track of it it’s the easiest way to improve, is to measure something.
12. Decide what progress you will measure
13. Engage and enjoy, do both
14. You are not allowed to write or talk about the economy, your past history with money, why is difficult for you to earn more money, or anything other than: How can I access, make or have more money for my impossible project and for my life?
15. Do the same as alcoholic anonyms, living in day tight compartments. Work one day at a time.
16. Every day do the questions in the morning and in the evening, do the evaluation. Do something that represents a challenge.
17. Not allow to say words like impossible, only for the name of the challenge, or it’s not possible….
18. Make the biggest ask of the entire program this week, make an action request that will totally change the course of your project
19. Action without fear, with confidence, with courage, with believe,
20. Ask the question WHAT IF?
21. GO BACK into your favorite day, remember it….
The program starts on day 7, no, let make it start on day first, with no vacation, every day you do something.
Every week you are going to create something new, an action, whatever….
Questions for the morning?
1. What One-thing will you do today that will have the Biggest Positive Impact or difference in your project? the Biggest Positive Impact BPI
2. What are you going to do today that will dramatically advance to your impossible dream?
3. How could you today increase the probabilities of manifesting your impossible dream?
4. Write down 10 action request you will make in relation to your impossible dream, to someone, it can be small, or big. This will create massive momentum.
Questions for the Evening,
You answer these questions every single day,
1. What happened today? (how did you show up to your impossible project today)
2. What did you do well, great, what was your biggest victory?
3. How could you have done better? Or what could be better?
4. How are you going to adjust behavior next time?
Great creators use single minded focus to great effect when they lose themselves in the process of creation as they approach the finish line of their project. They drop everything but the task at hand.
All miracles involve a change in perception
A course in miracles
Our Greatest weakness is inn giving up. The most certain way to succeed is to try one more time. Thomas Edison
Everything is impossible until it’s done.
With the realization of one’s own potential and self confidence in one’s ability, one can build a better world. The Dalai Lama
Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. WE must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be attained.
Let no feeling of discouragement prey upon you and in the end you are sure to succeed.
When it comes to an impossible dream, most of the tie, the HOW is reveled along the way, usually not visible when you start.
Success is stumbling from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.
God heard us. He sent help. He sent you. Marianne Willianson.
The biggest problem people have is not that people don’t know what to do, or about their goals the problem is THE FEAR. They are scare to do it in case it doesn’t work. They don’t do it because of their fear. Mike Neil
If you don’t like the way the world is, you change it. You just do t one step at a time.
Marian Wright Edelman
Problems are not the problem; coping is the problem
You have the power over your own mind-not the outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength. Marcus Aurelius.
Whatever it takes to finish things, finish it. You will learn more from a glorious failure than you ever will from something you never finished. Nel Gailman
Our biggest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our biggest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
Ever since I was a child I have had this instinctive urge for expansion and growth. To me, the function and duty of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one’s potential bruce Lee
Discipline is remembering what you want
You have capacities within you that are phenomenal, if you only knew how to release them. DavidBohm
I have been struck again and again by how important measurement is to human condition Bill Gates
Enough focus intention over a long enough period of time will accomplish most goals with or without any extra help from the universal mind.
I did standup comedy for 18 years, 10 of those were spent learning, 4 were spent refining, and 4 years were spent inn wild success. The course was more plodding than heroic.
Sun Tsu the art of war, what is important is Victory is not prolonged operations
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then go to war.
There are 2 ways to live one is if everything it’s a miracle and the other as if nothing is a miracle…Albert Einstein
My wife ricked me into marrying her. She told me she liked me.
My best friend is the man who in wishing me well wishes it for my sake Aristotle
Love makes the impossible possible
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable man persist in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. George Bernard Shaw
If you want to succeed double your failure rate Thomas Watson Sr, former president of IBM
MY FAVORITE BOOKS ON MENTAL TRAINING AND MENTAL TOUGHNESS:
If you are looking for other exceptional books on mental training as well as mental toughness here are my favorites, the ones I have personally read:
Download Now my TotalSuccess App, Your Daily Medicine against being “average”, for my most important ideas about these exceptional books. This app will help you develop the ultimate vision for your life and steps to get there.
- How Champions think by Dr Bob Rotella, https://www.turbomind.com/how-champions-think-by-dr-bob-rotella/
- An IRON WILL, by Orison Swet Mardin, https://www.turbomind.com/an-iron-will-what-all-great-men-have-in-comon/
- The Champion´s Mind, by Jim Afremov.
- With winning in Mind, by Lanny Bassham, https://www.turbomind.com/with-winning-in-mind-by-lanny-bassham/
- Chasing Excellence, by Ben Bergeron, https://www.turbomind.com/chasing-excellence-by-ben-bergeron/
- Mind Gym, by Gary Mack, https://www.turbomind.com/mind-gym-gary-mack-turbomind-book-club/
- Tom Coughlin, by him, https://www.turbomind.com/tom-coughlin-earn-the-right-to-win-best-ideas/
- No Limits, by Michael Phelps, https://www.turbomind.com/no-limits-by-michael-phelps-the-will-to-succeed-turbomind-com-book-club/
- Relentless by Tim Grover, https://www.turbomind.com/relentless-from-good-to-great-to-unstoppable-by-tim-s-grover-summary-by-miguel-de-la-fuente/
- Unbeatable Mind, by Mark Divine, https://www.turbomind.com/unbeatable-mind-mark-divine-turbomind-com-bookclub/
- Get the Life You Want, by Richard Bandler.
- Can´t Hurt Me, by David Goggins, https://www.turbomind.com/cant-hurt-me-by-david-goggins-turbomind-book-club/
- Make Your Bed, by Admiral William H- McRaven, https://www.turbomind.com/make-your-bed-by-admiral-william-h-mcraven-turbomind-bookclub/
- The 10X Rule by Grant Cardone, https://www.turbomind.com/the-10x-rule-the-difference-between-success-and-failure-book-summary/
- Discipline Equals Freedom. Jocko Willink, https://www.turbomind.com/discipline-equals-freedom-by-jocko-willink/
- RAFA, by Rafael Nadal, https://www.turbomind.com/rafa-by-rafael-nadalbook-summary/
I keep updating this list regularly….
TOTALSUCCESS Coaching Club
Summary by Miguel De La Fuente,
Life and Business Coach.
I love helping people become Exceptional.