10 Things I learnt from Les Brown-“You gotta be hungry”, one of his best speeches, This is a must seen video.
This is one of my favorite speeches by one of my favorite coach/trainer in the world. He is simply awesome.
I met Les in Miami several times at Unity Church where he donates his time and knowledge with the members.
You can visit his web site at www.lesbrown.com
10 Things I learnt from Les Brown You gotta be hungry speech:
- Sometime you got to tell your negative voice inside of you to shut up, make a conscious deliver determined effort to stand up inside yourself. You have to make a determined effort to stop that negative voice that says you can’t do something. Watching and working on that inner dialogue will determine the quality of your life.
- You got to sell yourself everyday on your abilities on the goal you want to reach, on your dream. You got to convinced yourself every day that you can do it, that is possible.
- The most important is to believe in yourself. If you don’t believe in yourself there is no closing technique that it will help you.
- It takes courage to act. It takes courage to start all over again, when you have been defeated. It takes courage to persist. When you step into your fears and continue to push yourself to go on, something happens for you, it will enable you to transcend yourself.
There is a YES around here somewhere and I will continue until I find it. Don’t go where the path may lead, go where there is no path and leave a trail.
- It is easy to be negative today. It is the easiest thing to do. Tell yourself: where I am I am going to do the best I can because that is an expression of how I am. Don’t allow yourself to be mediocre.
- Develop a sense of urgency. Stop wasting time. “Stop living your life as if you have 1000 years to live”, Aurelio. Follow your dream, do it. Ask yourself; How much time do I have left?.
- Use what you got. You are special and you are here for a purpose for a task, to do something special. Don’t go to the graveyard with the music in you. Use yourself fully, 100%. Most of us don’t use the stuff we have been brought into the universe with. Develop a conscious, delivered, determined effort to start living with a sense of urgency and start using what you got. Use yourself up. Sharing what we have come to share by the universe. Stop wasting valuable time. Live your life as if it was your last, value each moment.
- Maintain a sense of integrity with yourself. Be careful with the word you give to others and the commitments you make to yourself.
- Become single minded, learning to concentrate, block things out, and keep your vision single. Ask yourself, what great ideas I can use to improve my life? One idea can change your life. Most people don’t develop your skills and gifts. We al need some areas of our lives where we can have some feeling of competence.
If you would read one book a month in a specific area of expertise, in 5 years you will be among the top experts in that area in the world. The average American reads one book a year. We live in an era of accelerate change, overwhelming complexity and tremendous competition. DO IT MASSIVELY. Push yourself.
- Be relentless. Develop the power to hold on in spite of everything, the power to endure, this is the winners quality. The hunger, the ability to face defeat again and again WITHOUT GIVING UP, is the winner´s quality. When you are hungry, you don’t care about the odds.
- There is greatness in you and you have to learn to tune out the critics, both outside and inside. I will do it until.
- Most people don’t realize their personal greatness. Don’t tell yourself after you have tried, and you haven’t been able to achieve what you want, “well I guess I won’t be able to do it”, don’t tell yourself that. Don’t make premature decision about your future and abilities especially negative ones.
Summary of Les Browm:
Les Brown is one of the world’s most renowned motivational speakers,
Les Brown’s straight-from-the-heart, courage passion and energy, inspires all type of audiences to step beyond their perceived limitations and into their greatness in many ways.
Les Brown is a dynamic personality and highly-sought-after resource in business and professional circles for Fortune 500 CEOs, small business owners, non-profit and community leaders from all sectors of society looking to expand opportunity. For three decades he has not only studied the science of achievement, he’s mastered it by interviewing hundreds of successful business leaders and collaborating with them in the boardroom translating theory into bottom-line results for his clients.
MY FAVORITE BOOKS ON MENTAL TRAINING AND MENTAL TOUGHNESS:
If you are looking for other exceptional books on mental training as well as mental toughness here are my favorites, the ones I have personally read:
- How Champions think by Dr Bob Rotella, https://www.turbomind.com/how-champions-think-by-dr-bob-rotella/
- An IRON WILL, by Orison Swet Mardin, https://www.turbomind.com/an-iron-will-what-all-great-men-have-in-comon/
- The Champion´s Mind, by Jim Afremov.
- With winning in Mind, by Lanny Bassham, https://www.turbomind.com/with-winning-in-mind-by-lanny-bassham/
- Chasing Excellence, by Ben Bergeron, https://www.turbomind.com/chasing-excellence-by-ben-bergeron/
- Mind Gym, by Gary Mack, https://www.turbomind.com/mind-gym-gary-mack-turbomind-book-club/
- Tom Coughlin, by him, https://www.turbomind.com/tom-coughlin-earn-the-right-to-win-best-ideas/
- No Limits, by Michael Phelps, https://www.turbomind.com/no-limits-by-michael-phelps-the-will-to-succeed-turbomind-com-book-club/
- Relentless by Tim Grover, https://www.turbomind.com/relentless-from-good-to-great-to-unstoppable-by-tim-s-grover-summary-by-miguel-de-la-fuente/
- Unbeatable Mind, by Mark Divine, https://www.turbomind.com/unbeatable-mind-mark-divine-turbomind-com-bookclub/
- Get the Life You Want, by Richard Bandler.
- Can´t Hurt Me, by David Goggins, https://www.turbomind.com/cant-hurt-me-by-david-goggins-turbomind-book-club/
- Make Your Bed, by Admiral William H- McRaven, https://www.turbomind.com/make-your-bed-by-admiral-william-h-mcraven-turbomind-bookclub/
- The 10X Rule by Grant Cardone, https://www.turbomind.com/the-10x-rule-the-difference-between-success-and-failure-book-summary/
- Discipline Equals Freedom. Jocko Willink, https://www.turbomind.com/discipline-equals-freedom-by-jocko-willink/
- RAFA, by Rafael Nadal, https://www.turbomind.com/rafa-by-rafael-nadalbook-summary/
I keep updating this list regularly….