“Deep Work” by Cal Newport , How to Become Exceptional
Some Excellent Ideas:
-Deep Work: Professional activity performed in a state of distraction-free concentration that pushes your cognitive capabilities to their limit.
These efforts create new value and are hard to replicate.
–ONE OR TWO HOURS PER DAY OF UNINTERRUPTED AND FOCUSED ACTIVITY CAN CREATE A LOT OF VALUABLE OUTPUT AND IMPROVEMENT.
– The people who make the habit of going deep will thrive.
–The ability to produce deep work is becoming increasingly rare. New technologies have trained us to develop a very short lapse of focus. This is becoming increasingly more valuable in our economy.
-The contrary is shallow work, which is non-cognitive demanding work, performed while being distracted. This doesn’t create much new value in the world.
–The 2 master abilities in today´s world: The ability to quickly master hard things, and the ability to produce at an elite level, in both quality and speed.
But to learn hard things quickly, you must focus intensively and without distraction. If you are trying to learn programing in a state of low focus with lots of distractions is going to be very hard and it will take a long long time.
-For Many people one of the best time to do deep work is in the morning. Focus intensively without any distractions.
Excellent video, you have Better than yesterday channel in YouTube:
SUMMARIES OF MY FAVORITE BOOKS ON WINNING
If you are looking for other exceptional books on mental training as well as mental toughness here are my favorites, the ones I have personally read:
- How Champions think by Dr Bob Rotella, https://www.turbomind.com/how-champions-think-by-dr-bob-rotella/
- An IRON WILL, by Orison Swet Mardin, https://www.turbomind.com/an-iron-will-what-all-great-men-have-in-comon/
- The Champion´s Mind, by Jim Afremov.
- With winning in Mind, by Lanny Bassham, https://www.turbomind.com/with-winning-in-mind-by-lanny-bassham/
- Chasing Excellence, by Ben Bergeron, https://www.turbomind.com/chasing-excellence-by-ben-bergeron/
- Mind Gym, by Gary Mack, https://www.turbomind.com/mind-gym-gary-mack-turbomind-book-club/
- Tom Coughlin, by him, https://www.turbomind.com/tom-coughlin-earn-the-right-to-win-best-ideas/
- No Limits, by Michael Phelps, https://www.turbomind.com/no-limits-by-michael-phelps-the-will-to-succeed-turbomind-com-book-club/
- Relentless by Tim Grover, https://www.turbomind.com/relentless-from-good-to-great-to-unstoppable-by-tim-s-grover-summary-by-miguel-de-la-fuente/
- Unbeatable Mind, by Mark Divine, https://www.turbomind.com/unbeatable-mind-mark-divine-turbomind-com-bookclub/
- Get the Life You Want, by Richard Bandler.
- Can´t Hurt Me, by David Goggins, https://www.turbomind.com/cant-hurt-me-by-david-goggins-turbomind-book-club/
- Make Your Bed, by Admiral William H- McRaven, https://www.turbomind.com/make-your-bed-by-admiral-william-h-mcraven-turbomind-bookclub/
- The 10X Rule by Grant Cardone, https://www.turbomind.com/the-10x-rule-the-difference-between-success-and-failure-book-summary/
- Discipline Equals Freedom. Jocko Willink, https://www.turbomind.com/discipline-equals-freedom-by-jocko-willink/
- RAFA, by Rafael Nadal, https://www.turbomind.com/rafa-by-rafael-nadalbook-summary/
by Tylor Jones, Master Coach,
Contact me Through WhatsApp or Telegram for a 30-Minute Free Coaching Session. I love helping people and Businesses become Exceptional. at +507-6426-9450